6-nights freedom cruise through Burgundy, you decide
Your group has the boat, a 3 persons crew with the minibus. You decide on the itinerary, let us know your preferences.
River trip highlights
- Freedom of choosing what you do every day!
- Having the most comfortable base to go back every night
- Be in the heart of the amazing Bourgogne region
- Enjoy the advises, help and presence of the captain
- Discover the wildlife of the places you visit
- Experience the region in a unique way, crusing
River trip summary
FREEDOM CRUISE PRINCIPLES;
- The cruise has been set-up for people who wish to stay independent with appropriate support in terms of services and logistic.
- As a self-catering cruise package, the cruise does not include meals (just breakfast) or any guided excursions.
- The guests will be free to use all the barge’s equipment with our help and support.
THE FREEDOM CRUISE INCLUDES;
- Crew (3 persons): Captain, Hostess and minibus Driver
- Bed linen, towels
- Bicycles (x6)
- End of the stay cleaning (cabins not daily services)
- Fuel and port tax
- Guests transfer (Train station or pre-agreed local meeting point <-> Barge)
- 9 seater air-conditioned minibus, at disposal with a driver.
- Welcome aperitif
- Breakfast buffet
Click HERE to view the owner's Terms & Conditions relating to this river cruise.
River trip description
OUR TAILORED MADE CRUISE;
- Full details of possible excursions (on foot, by bicycles or by car) are contained in an
information pack on the barge and don’t need to be booked in advance. The on-board
information includes a restaurant list with phone numbers and prices.
- For each cruise stop, we will recommend you the most suitable visit and/or activity which
will show you the wonders of the Côte Chalonnaise and the Côte de Beaune
- For particular or date sensitive activities, the suggestions list will be reviewed prior to guest arrival in order to book in advance, as far as possible, the cruise program.
THE WELCOME PACKAGE INCLUDES;
- Hand soap, shower gel, shampoo, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing detergent,
toilet tissue and cleaning material.
- Fresh flowers, fruit bowl, fresh bread, tea, coffee milk, sugar, butter, and jam
- Bottled water and soft.
- A bottle of red and white wine.
- A bottle of rosé and crémant de Bourgogne.
- If you would like to go to the supermarket (on your arrival day or at any time) to stock up on provisions, we will happily take you there. You will have as well the full details about village markets and food shops along the route on your cruise.
- Arrival Sunday at around 16:00, departure after breakfast the following Saturday at around 10:00. (Nb: The nearest train stations: Le Creusot / Chalon-sur-Saône / Dijon)
- The cruise starts from Saint Julien-sur-Dheune to Seurre with various stops and vice versa. The navigation takes place on the Canal du Centre from Saint Julien-sur-Dheune to Chalon-sur-Saône and then on the Saône river to Seurre.
- To take advantage of the full day, the breakfast will be taken between 08:00 and 09:00, the navigations mainly take place at the morning in order to start at the opening time of the locks (09:00).
- The barge mooring (for each stop) are booked in advance at the beginning of the season, so it means that the cruise is scheduled and, as far as possible, needs to be respected. The table below gives, on an indicative basis for each day, the different stops with the navigation time
- In many cases, interesting sites are located within a 10 to 30 minutes’ drive.
Number of double beds: 1
Number of sofa beds: 2
Type Of Experience
Heating / Cooling
Languages Spoken Onboard
TV / DVD / Movies Available
Music-Sound System / CD Player
Books And Magazines
River trip owner
I discovered Burgundy 30 years ago when I met my wife originating from Mercurey, famous vineyard of the « Côte Chalonnaise », and my passion for the wine started from that time. Since years this wine interest never stopped and it would be a pure pleasure to share this passion with you.
2 Reviews - 6-nights freedom cruise through Burgundy, you decide
Paul - the United States
You made us feel like family from the first day
We thank you for your kindness and warmth. You made us feel like family from the first day. Lots of laughter all the week long. France will now hold a special place in my heart because of you Capt. Alex...You are a true Gentleman and now a dear friend. Once again, Thank you and I hope we see other again soon
David - the United States
Your hospitality ,flexibility, understanding and company were wonderful
Thank you all so very much for an absolutely marvellous week ! Your hospitality ,flexibility, understanding and company were wonderful ! You shared with us this beautiful boat, country , wine, cheese, food and so much laughter ! We are very fortunate to have been your guests and now friends. Merci beaucoup